Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So we are spending our last night in Entebbe Town and tomorrow we are heading to Gulu, which is where the documentary Invisible Children was shot. But don't worry it is much safer there now...there has not been violence in over two years. So far nothing super exciting has happened. We have spent most of our time in intro sessions in our hotel, but soon we start learning Acholi (the language of the Gulu region) and on Thursday we are going to be dropped off and have to use our language skills to accomplish certain tasks. I am a little nervous, but also so excited to be able to really be immersed in the culture. We also move into our homestays this week, so it will be very interesting to be part of a family here.

Everyone on my team is so awesome and we are all so diverse so it has been awesome getting to know everyone. I am excited to spend the rest of the program with them. We have all bonded pretty quickly but you really have to when you are going to be spending so much time with so few people.

Hopefully I will have more to say once I have really experienced Uganda.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safely! I can't wait to see pictures! :) Miss you lots!!

    Sam

    p.s. I'm flying back to South Africa in 118 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops...I meant 106 days!! Don't know what happened there! :)

    ReplyDelete