Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good-Bye Uganda, Hello Rwanda

So I am officially done with the Uganda portion of my program :(. Basically I am in love with Uganda and if I ever live outside of America... Gulu here I come!!! I posted pictures on facebook today so those of you with facebook are in luck! I am sorry that I haven't blogged more. I am still pretty caught up in the experience. While in Kampala we met with a ton of people who are really involved in different ways with the conflict. Like representatives from the International Criminal Court (which I have decided I strongly oppose) I mean within a day of indicting Bashir, there were already 15 aid agencies kicked out of Sudan. I really think they are very unaware of the ramifications of their actions. We also met with a man from the UPDF and learned about Bugandan culture. But all in all I was not a fan of Kampala. There was too much pollution and too much traffic for my liking.

Rwanda seems nice but I still feel like there is a lot more that I need to experience before I pass too much judgemnent.

I have officially decided to return to Gulu to do my research. I am going to look at how growing up in an armed conflict changes notions of onflict resolution.

Check out the pictures!

Amarii Matek

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment